How To Ease The Pain Of Sunburn
So if you were out over the weekend, chances are you spend a lot of time in the sun. If you were like me, you forgot to put on sunblock and well now you are nice and sunburned!
Check out some of these Home Remedies I found out to help ease the pain of sunburn.
1. Place a cool compress on sunburned skin for immediate sunburn pain relief
2. Soak in an oatmeal bath. This is especially helpful for itchy, sunburned skin.
3. Take a cool shower or bath to cool your sunburned skin
4. Boil and mash peeled potatoes, let cool, and apply as a dressing to sunburned areas. It is believed the starch in the potatoes helps draw out heat, which may reduce pain and speed healing.
5. Hydrate, drink a lot of water, juice, or sports drinks. Your skin is dry and dehydrated. Replacing lost body fluids will help your skin heal from sunburn more quickly.
Always make sure that you wear sunscreen or stay covered up. Also, make sure to limit your time in the sun.