Niagara County Sheriffs Office Issues Package Theft Warning
Remember about a week ago we told you that Buffalo ranked in the top 10 cities for package theft, now the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office has issued a text warning to residents on ways to protect their packages from theft, this holiday season.
In a story aired on WIVB-TV Sheriff Michael Filicetti tells us that around 36% of online shoppers in the U.S. have reported their packages either missing or stolen.
“In 2019, packages with a total estimated value of nine-billion dollars were stolen.”
They say with resident's fears of shopping due to the pandemic and with the holiday season, the delivery volume is expected to be higher than in years past.
Here are the seven tips they recommend to keep your deliveries safe:
1. Have packages delivered to your workplace or office
2. Require signature on delivery
3. Use Amazon, FedEx, DHL, USPS or UPS counter pickup
4. Use Amazon Hub Locker or similar services
5. Sign up for shipping alerts
6. Pick up packages in person from shipping centers
7. Utilize smart technology such as doorbell cameras, Wi-Fi enabled security cameras, etc.
The Niagara County Sheriff says if you see any suspicious activity don't hesitate to report it... their number is (716) 438-3393.
READ MORE: https://thenew961.com/buffalo-ranks-6-of-cities-with-packages-stolen/