This has happened before! If you've never heard of this happening, this is why it is so dangerous!

A family in Lancaster got a little scare when one of their kids slept with their cell phone charging under their pillow every single night.

The phone, while charging heated up so much and the heat dissipated and started to burn the pillow. Then the little girl smelled something burning and luckily woke up. In some cases where this happened, a fire can start as well.

Fire departments say that research has said that 53% of kids sleep with their phones on their bed or under their pillow.

It's important to always check the cord and make sure there are no cracks or breaks in it as well!

More From The New 96.1 WTSS