Slang Words Parents Need To Know
If you are parent chances are that your kids have said something to you and it left you in a state of wonderment!
Earlier this week, Melody was a "Gucci" by her daughter and had no idea what that meant! We figured it out that it meant "Good or Cool" but sometimes when kids talk it leaves us adults dizzy!
We have come up with a list of slang terms that parents need to know!
- Awks - Awkward
- Cancel - A rejection of a person, place or thing
- Cheddar - Money
- Dope - Cool or awesome
- GOAT - Greatest of all time
- Gucci - Good or cool
- Hundo P - 100 percent certain
- Lit - Amazing
Of course, kids will always use the code when parents are around! Here is some text code that you should know!
- CD9 - Code 9, parents are here
- POS - Parents over shoulder (often used when texting to warn friends that mom or dad is reading)
- Throw Shade - Give someone a dirty look
- Tool - Refers to someone who is stupid or a geek
- Smash - Casual sex
- Turnt Up - To be high or drunk
- Zip Ghost - Someone who is high on marijuana and having a hard time functioning
- Dexing - Abusing cough syrup
You can check out a more in-depth list of slang and text words HERE