What You Need To Know To Go To Canada Now That The Border Is Open
Nothing has made me smile more than when I saw that the Canadian border has officially reopened to American Citizens and permanent residents of the United States. Finally, I am able to go running through the 6 with my woes. However, before I can do that, there are a few things we need to do before the Canadian Border Services Agency guards let me through customs.
In order to enter Canada, there are some requirements that the Canadian government requires from Americans before attempting to cross the border.
- Be an American Citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- Be fully vaccinated and provide proof via the ArriveCAN App
- Children who are under 12 and who have not been vaccinated can enter Canada with their fully vaccinated parent or guardian.
- In addition to providing your vaccination information via the ArriveCAN app, you are also required to have your original vaccination card with you upon your arrival at the Canadian border.
- Anyone who is age 5 or older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of your arrival in Canada via the ArriveCAN app.
- In addition to providing proof of your negative COVID-19 test results in the ArriveCAN app, you need to have a paper copy of your test results with you upon your arrival at the Canadian border.
If you have questions about crossing into Canada now that the border is open for fully vaccinated Americans, you can look here on the Travel Canada website. Make sure you are prepared and have all of your bases covered. You don't want to arrive at the border and get turned around because you forgot something.
I plan on heading over into Ontario this weekend, so if you find yourself in Canada let me know and we can link.
Toronto Vs. Buffalo - $1 Million Homes
7 Things to Know About the Delta Variant of COVID-19
41 Room Home For Sale In New York
Gallery Credit: Dave Fields