Top 5 Most Dangerous Cities In New York State
New York State is a very big state and there is always some bad that comes with the good.
If you are traveling or thinking about moving, there are some cities that you might want to really consider going to, because of the crime rate.
According to crime statistics posted on the website housegrail.com, these cities in New York had the most violent crime per capita in the state.
5. Johnson City - Coming in at number 5 overall for crime rate, Johnson City had a violent crime rate of 1,230 per 100,000 people.
4. Binghamton - In at #4 is the home of SUNY Binghamton, Binghamton New York. The violent crime rate was 1,804 per 100,000 people.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
3. Niagara Falls - The #3 city you want to skip on your next vacation is Niagara Falls. Their crime rate was more than double then Binghamton's at 4,343 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
2. Albany - New York Capital City is home to the 2nd largest violent crime rate per 100,000 people in New York State. Albany's violent crime rate is 8,850 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
1. New York City - The largest city in the state and in the country is no surprise also the home to the largest violent crime rate per 100,000. The shocking part is how many crimes take place. NYC's violent crime rate was 49,124 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Of course, everywhere you go has crime, but if you are looking to feel safe on your next-day trip, you might want to avoid these cities in New York.
11 New York Cities With The Most Violent Gun Crimes
Gallery Credit: Yasmin Young
These 5 Counties Have The Highest Property Crime Rate In New York
Gallery Credit: Ed Nice
14 Bold Predictions For 2023 From Western New Yorkers
Gallery Credit: Dave fields