Western New York Town Named Ultimate College Town
If you have kids looking to head to college, they won't have to travel far to be in "America's Ultimate College" town in America.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
The Washington Post recently put out a list of the Ultimate College towns and at the top of the list was a town in Western New York.
Based on their data, Alfred, New York was named the Ultimate College Town.
Washington Post staff writer Andrew Van Dam defined the Ultimate College Town by ranking U.S. Census Urban Areas with the largest share of college students.
Alfred is home to two institutions of higher learning. Both Alfred University and Alfred State College are located within the borders of the town of Alfred and the students made up nearly 85% of the population of the town.
Alfred wasn't only the New York town to make the list of the Ultimate College Towns. New York's SUNY System is home to several of the Top 15 college towns.
Here is a look at some of the other New York towns that made the list.
- No. 7: Potsdam, home to SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson University, 60% student share of the town's population.
- No. 8: Hamilton, home to Colgate University, 60% student share of the town's population.
- No. 9: Geneseo, home to SUNY Geneseo, 59% student share of the town's population.
- No. 12: Delhi, home to SUNY Delhi, 54.8% student share of the town's population
- No. 23: Ithaca, home to Cornell and Ithaca College, 45.9% student share of the town's population.
Here is a look at the complete list. (CLICK HERE)
These Are New York's 14 Most Expensive Colleges For 2022-2023
Gallery Credit: Cameron Coats
The Most Competitive Colleges In New York State
Gallery Credit: YouTube/Canva
Top 10 Most Difficult New York College To Get Into
Gallery Credit: Dave Wheeler