Here Are New York’s Most Common Traffic Violations
Summer is here in New York and that means more and more people will be hitting the road.
Along with more drivers on the road comes more chances for the police to catch someone doing something wrong.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
According to the website directauto.com, there are the 5 most common traffic violations that happen on the roads in New York State.
1. Speeding - This is a no-brainer. How many times have you been driving and someone flies past you going well over the speed limit? It doesn't matter if you are on a highway or a crowded side street, you will see at least one person speeding down the street.
2. Driving Under The Influence - Now that marijuana is now legal in New York, and along with alcohol, more and more tickets are being written for driving under the influence. Police are stepping up their checkpoints as well to keep the roads safer.
3. Reckless Driving - From sudden breaking to not using your turn signal when changing lanes, to tailgating. Every day you see people who are driving recklessly along the streets and highways of New York.
4. Distracted Driving - How many times have you looked at the idiot next to you who almost cut you off and they are either talking on their cell phone, having their dog in their lap, or eating that burger with both hands? That is what we called distracted driving. The worst is the person texting and driving.
5. Running A Red Light - Tons of people are trying to make that light as it changes from yellow to red and there is always that one idiot who goes through that light that has been red for a couple of seconds. This is a major cause of accidents at intersections all over the state.
Please when you get behind the wheel, be smart, be safe, and more importantly, stay behind at least two car lengths.
5 New Laws You Should Know For 2023 In New York State
Gallery Credit: Dave fields
Ten New York State License Plate Laws
Gallery Credit: Traci Taylor
14 Laws in New York People Break Most Often
Gallery Credit: Credit - Polly McAdams