I don't want to scare you of getting licked by a dog, but it's a story you should at least know. A man was licked by a dog and days later he went into septic shock.

Doctors confirmed he contracted Capnocytophaga Canimorsus.

It's a rare disease that if not properly handeled can spread very fast. At first the man, Greg Manteufel had to get his feet amputated, but as the bacteria spread, he had to get his legs amputated through his kneecap and then his hands:

These bacteria cause opportunistic infections, which means they have to have the right conditions to cause an infection, such as in a person with a weakened immune system," the CDC website says. "People with weakened immune systems include, for example, those who drink alcohol excessively, who have had their spleens removed, and who have HIV infection or cancer", according to WGRZ.

The family does not know if it was there dog or another dog that contracted the bacteria. They say that he was in contact with about 8 dogs that could have been the one.

Check out his GoFund Me for him and his family

More From The New 96.1 WTSS