Chili Cook-Off For Good Cause In Buffalo New York
There are two things we love to do here in Western New York...eat and help out a good cause.
Now you can do both.
The Rotary Club of The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is holding its annual chili cook-off on October 25th at Flying Bison Brewery.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
For $25 per person, you can come and sample chili from 12 different chefs and vote for your favorite one.
Besides amazing chili, there will be basket raffles, music, and more.
The money raised will be used for several different programs under The Rotary Club of The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
- A financial scholarship of $1,000 was given to a local high school senior to pursue further education.
- Pack N Plays are provided to a local charity for their client needs.
- Lending Library is being installed on the Kevin Guest House campus on Ellicott Street.
- Rotary helps maintain the Greenway Bike Path, down by Rotary Row at the foot of Porter Avenue. Rotarians gather to do cleanups. We’re looking into providing a bike fix-it station, complete with tools for bikers needing to fix a flat, or other minor repair during their ride.
- The BNMC Rotary Club provides one meal a month to all clients in Kevin Guest House in Buffalo.
- Working with the businesses in the 800 block of Main Street on a beautification project, including planters and smoking butt depositories.
- We have been sponsoring blood drives with UNYTS (Connect Life), a BNMC member.
- We sponsored an Art competition at Health Sciences Charter School.
- We sponsored inbound Rotary Youth Exchange students from Taiwan, and Tasmania, and one that went outbound to Switzerland.
- We recently sponsored a student on a short-term exchange to Belgium.
- We planted trees at the Moot Center.
- We help plant indigenous species around the lakes at UB and along the Greenway Trail.
- We are the sponsoring Club for UB Rotaract.
Tickets to the Rotary Club of The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus's annual chili cook-off are on sale now and can be purchased at their website.
The Rotary Club of The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus spans the 8 WNY counties and Southern Ontario and is a network of area business people with thousands of contacts.
9 Popular Types Of Chili That You Can Make At Home
Gallery Credit: Nick Northern
LOOK: At These Delicious Creations From the Chili and Brisket Cook Off
Gallery Credit: Rudy Fernandez